Thursday, November 13, 2003

"School, Life & Other Miscellaneous Items" AND
"When Sam Came to Dinner"

As far as school is concerned...we've a few assignments and our
major midterms which have kept us busy and at school on days
starting with Sat and Sun...But it's cool. I'm learning a lot of
info in a short amount of time and that's what I came here for...

In keeping with traditions established with past roommates...I've
been having dinner parties. Cooking with a girl named Cari or by
myself and having friends over to share a meal and a laugh. It's
great fun, especially with all the different countries represented.
A Notable exception included when Sam came to visit and the guy from
the robotics division of the Canadian Space Agency was over for
dinner with others, mostly folks who have worked for NASA or at
least very much so engineers. Dinner conversation was a lively mix
of NASA and CSA acronymns, what should've been the name for the
Canada Arm, and when they got all crazy - Star Trek. Sam and I
nearly shot ourselves in the head! :) I wanted to leave but it was
my house!!! Smile, but it was funny in its own way and I think
people were just trying to impress the guy so He'd give them a job.
Understandable. The next night, I made a no schoo, no space rule for
the purpose of dinner. :) Mostly, we have a blast, though.

No comments: