Thursday, November 13, 2003

Flygirl in Heaven, one of the many 'best days of my life'

Probably one of the coolest things I've done in a while happened
yesterday.
I WENT FLYING!!!!! Go embry-riddle, but let me tell ya, I miss
flight. I started a flying club at my school and we got a deal
through a prior relationship with our school that we could go for
4.5 euro a flight! So awesome! About 24 of us went, nearly half our
class. We crossed the border into Germany and neighbouring town,
Kehl.

Some folks, who were supposed to take the train in had a bit of
trouble. How was I supposed to know that the one day we all need to
get into Germany, they're closing teh main bridge to unearth an
embedded bomb from WWII??? So, needless to say there were some
technical difficulties, but it was glorious to fly and see others
get excited about something I'm into. Many of the students had never
flown small planes, especially gliders before.

We got to do parabollic flight and see our beautiful countryside and
city and the rivers. I got to talk to older German pilots and check
out their fleet. They had a beautiful old, 1947, I think Stampe
Bi-plane, a Yak 2 (Russian) and a Piper Cub.
Ok, now that I've lost everybody except erau kids, I"ll move on. But
you should know, I was stoked!

So in general, life is pretty good. I'm getting to see a lot of
things, hang out with people, learn space stuff and try yummy and
not-s0-yummy foods from tons of different countries... Sam Stime and
Emily Heck have both come to visit and both were good to my soul.

So hope life is good with y'all. Let me know what's up! I miss
everybody a ton, but that's part of it when you care about people
and it beats the alternative, so I deal. Hope this finds you
enjoying the beauty of your environment both the places and the
people!

Love,
Brooke

No comments: