Friday, November 21, 2003

Carlson's Package: Friday Morning

Hope Deferred Makes the Heart Sick,
But When Dreams Come True at Last There is JOY!

So I've been begging the front desk about the so-called package that was promised as having been sent over two weeks ago. Every morning I ask, every morning I walk away empty-handed. This morning my defeat witnessed a new level. After inquiring about my package, the kind receptionist informed me that there was no such package for me, but could I please inform Serina that hers had arrived? Man! Talk about a low blow!
After the letdown, I was hesitant to believe Kelly when she found me a few hours later and quipped, "I heard there was a package waiting for you." Ecstatic, I started to run towards the desk, but then stopped and begged her to tell me this wasn't some cruel joke as I was feeling a little fragile right now. She assured me of the integrity of her intentions and insisted I go and fetch my package. "Just remember me, if there's anything good." Elated to see one box with familiar handwriting waiting on the desk. I jumped for joy and ran back for good measure.
Can I just say that I love Carlson?! Carlson for President! My Hero!
Sending me the perfect package as only one who has lived in Strasbourg can, I was excited to discover a miniature pumpkin, Indian corn, hot cocoa, cheap candy, newspaper articles, M&Ms and other misc. things ONLY a best friend could get away with buying me! The card was beautiful also and I'd being willing to bet that I could guess the downtown shop at which it was purchased.
Ecstatic, I close, saying only this: you are my hero; I love you; thank you.

No comments: