Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Restoration


So, it turns out that I am NOT the most devoted blogger. In fact a cursory glance at my logs reveals huge gaps, sometimes spanning about a year. I have just been all over the place and not in a space of life where blogging was a priority. My friend Nick, however, just keeps blogging away. I used to be a link on his site but my lack of activity resulted in my being removed from the site (www.skytland.com).

Action equals consequence.

So yesterday I casually mentioned to him that I had started blogging again. I warned him not to get excited, but said I was trying to be faithful with it. Guess what happened? That night - as in instantaneously - I noticed that my link reappeared on his site. Random and seemingly meaningless story I know, but look deeper...

What if our mistakes could be so easily forgotten and all the stupid things we've done, could be undone and our pre-messed-up status could be so perfectly restored? What if all the hurt that we caused, messes that we've made and works of art that we've shattered could all be fixed with the click of a button? If only life were as easy as being Nick's friend. If only all of life's consequences were so easy to restore...

No comments: