Sunday, April 23, 2006

Naive

Buckminster Fuller's words challenged me today..."dare to be naive"

we should try it.

dare to be guileless...dare to be childlike...dare to be the person who doesn't know any better than to give someone the benefit of the doubt...

dictionary.com had this quote on their site under the entry 'naive:'
-- "Untutored in the perversities of some particular program or system..." --

hmm. how often are we so programmed, so indoctrinated with the perversities of all the routines that comprise our life? Seems like if we just dropped the prescribed personas and scripted solutions and were just real and raw before life at large, we just might see it in a different light. Free from such societal and psychological fetters, we just might be free to love the unlovely; savour the moment; or solve a complex problem with childlike simplicity. What was it that Jesus said? Got to be like a child. Ya, I get it.

1 comment:

Tim said...

WOW. I am amazed at how the same simple concept can cross over so many of the divisions I put up in my mind. I would never have put Fuller and Jesus together under 'philosophy', but I will now.

Thanks for celebrating things that are often overlooked.