Thursday, November 02, 2006

So much for the gym!



Hmph! So I went to the gym today. Figured I may as well, I mean I've had a membership since late August and have been a total of four times now. In all fairness, I have been gone several weeks on travel, but seriously, I HATE IT THERE! I go to one of these shi-shi super nice, fairly expensive South Bay gyms and here's what it feels like:

Enter average space nerd girl who believes Dr. Pepper is a breakfast food.
The scene looks like some set from a movie where a bunch of perfect-looking actors and actressess are just working out for show, just standing on the machines really to make normal people say "oh, right. that's what I'll never look like. Why am I here again?" Everyone is checking everyone out and to top it off there are mirrors everywhere. Now, the mirrors are actually my one true joy in this place. Know why? Because. Apparently, no one told all the studs and hotties that they look ABSURD when they check THEMSELVES out constantly in the mirror. So, the mirrors can stay b/c it makes me laugh. Anyhow, today on the way in with my 18 year old roomie, I was thinking, man! I just don't want to be here. Other than the treadmills and bikes, which are pretty self-explanatory, I just don't know what the heck to do in there and while trainers are awesome and fun they cost over 100 bucks an hour at my particular gym of choice! So, thankfully, there's a tiny little backroom for chicks only, where I can work out and not feel so fish-bowlish. I head in there and am pretty proud of the 1 mile that I ran and the 1.5 miles that I biked and the 30 or so sit ups that I did. So, we go home, but usually after a workout, I feel good. Tired, but good. Today, I'm starving and my back hurts and my stomach hurts, but not in the good "oh, I worked out and am now the healthy kind of sore way" in the wierd "my stomach really hurts and my back is killing me" way. Since I refuse to believe that I'm getting old, I'll blame it on the gym.

Nuts to that! I'm cancelling my membership. I can feel this bad for way less effort by eating some twinkies and riding the Colossuss at Six Flags!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Brooke
Good to hear what you've been up to. Sounds like you are doing some exciting things. Email me!

BJB said...

Brooke,
I love you and believe me when I say that you are a fantastic writer! Barb

BJB said...

I LOVE IT! Barb