Monday, October 30, 2006

The clutter before the calm



Most people talk about the calm before the storm or even during the storm so commonly referred to as its "eye." Ya, well, I'm not most people and today there's no calm before some seemingly upcoming weather upset but rather the opposite. Today I sat, or rather tried to sit at my desk at work today, but when you move three offices into one room, it felt more like I moved my desk into a storage unit than anything else. Scene II: I'm home now, sitting on my bed in the middle of a room cluttered with boxes, suitcases, paintings, and (most-annoying-ly) laundry. That's what happens when you're on the road for a month. But, it's funny because while it feels cluttered now, I take rest in knowing that it's about to clear out. It's about to be different. Something is about to give. That release I've been praying for on so many fronts for so long is near... I can taste it. Lots of new exciting possibilities are brewing, but for right now, for this moment, I'm here. Here, not in the eye, but the swirl of the tornado where beds and barns and even a wicked witch of the west are spinning all around. But you know what? It's ok. It's cool, b/c like Frank says "something's gotta give, something's gotta give, something's gotta give." And while I don't think "somehow, somewhere, someone's gonna be kissed" or rather don't care or don't think it's appropriate, I do believe a change for the good is on the wind, so I'll just hunker down and wait to see what my Dad has in store. Am I a little impatient? Sure. A little unnerving to be in a holding pattern for my future? Sure. But I've got a good feeling and it's kind of exciting too, like waiting for your birthday to come so you can open up the presents!

No comments: