Tuesday, December 30, 2003

New Year's Plans and The Last Dance

Howdy Folks!
So, I know I've been the hugest blog slacker, ever! I just got back from Prague and have been working on some new entries for the Christmas break and the rest of the semester. I'm not quite finished yet, just please know they're coming as of course I will blog about Christmas (Brian)!

Tomorrow, I'll get to meet Ruey's Dad and Sis for lunch to thank them in person for Canada sweater of which I am now the proud owner!

New Year's plans are looking pretty mellow with a get together of about 5 ISU kids. I'll be making Mom's 7-layer dip and Jess is making Humus and there will be enough Champagne to toast in the New Year. No, probably not the real stuff & yes, I do know I'm in France and should get the real stuff, but honestly, we're in college here!!! The words poor and student should suffice as an explination for our obvious lack of culture in choosing a bubbly from the Champagne region of France!

Tonight we watched Save the Last Dance IN ENGLISH thanks to the brilliant Mark Barnett who is indeed my hero for downloading it despite it being a chick flick. Turns out he didn't have to watch it anyways (his fear) since Jess was more than happy to oblige and he is long gone to Canada, eh?. So, to my beautiful friend Holly - who is my favorite STLD watching buddy and my only friend who knows all the lines in both French and English - I kept my end of our so-called date, so keep yours! :)

Other than to say that my little sis Naomi is an Awesome girl who I miss terribly, I think I'll sign off for now with more to come soon about enchanting castles in Eastern Europe, amazing roommate Christmases and the absolute and utter coolness of my friends and family...

More soon...
Much love to all,
Brooke

No comments: