Thursday, December 25, 2008

25 things

Seems like I never update...it's hit and miss...like so much of life. But today, let me again borrow my friend's model for a list of things I'm grateful for corresponding to the date of the month:

1. My grandma's 90 amazing years of life
2. Her fried chicken
3. The weepies "Somebody Loved" song
4. Mary's photo-shoot of our family - all four gens present
5. My kid sister that's taller than me...her nearly 19 years of life post heart-transplant
6. Dana. his unconditional love of me in my unaltered and imperfect state.
7. His constancy
8. Trails' vanilla cokes (always makes the list)
9. Seeing old friends during the holidays (and all their new kids!)
10. Knowing I'm His despite vastness of the chasm that sometimes seems to separate us
11. Patty Griffin's "Heavenly Day"
12. My mom's special Christmas garments
13. Clothes shopping with my sis
14. Crina's perfect man
15. Mara's Cabbage Rolls
16. Playing Spite & Malice with my Gram (card game)
17. RIP to Ruthie - our other card player who died this year (who constantly called me a cheater when I was winning)
18. The furry friends in my life that always listen, love and never judge (Josh, Casey & Capt)
19. Family
20. Snowball fights & Snowmen in the desert
21. Grandpa's stories
22. Home
23. Hanging with Holly
24. Adventures with Maria
25. Stacey & Liz -without which my work life would be a dreary windowless experience

No comments: