Monday, October 22, 2007

23 Things...

Thankful.

Inspired by a friend, I sat down to list 23 things I was grateful for. Here's what I came up with...Note that the order is not a ranking system... :)

1. My Mom's smile
2. My Dad's hugs
3. My sister's innocent, whole-hearted loyalty as my sister; her unconditional love
4. Sleeping with Casey (family's golden retriever) by the wall heater downstairs when I'm home for Christmas
5. Vanilla cokes at Trails
6. Dana's eyes and the way they smile and hug all at once
7. Cherry blossoms raining their precious white petals in the park in DC
8. Climbing trees
9. The feeling when I'm on console and sequence three rocket events with 15 second intervals - and it works
10. The feeling when I get off console and am excited, elated and exhausted
11. Foy Vance's "Gabriel and the Vagabond"
12. My ipod and the life soundtrack it provides
13. Girlfriends
13. Dreyer's lemon sorbet and marshmallow cream
14. Toiletpapering with Kate in college (or you know, whenever)
15. Hippie time and the beautiful way it interrupts my best laid plans and forces me to lie on the ground and watch the stars under the windmills
16. Magic
17. Pedicures
18. Fountain Coca-Cola in a pint glass with ice
19. Fall colors in New Hampshire
20. Portsmouth, N.H.
21. Roadtrips
22. Forgiveness
23. Hope

No comments: