Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I hope I'm there...


I was listening to a little bit of "pink" today...generally not an indicator that i'm in a good mood. or feeling great about certain situations...but the lyrics go like this (and trust me I'm sneaking up on a point here):

"when all is gone
and the glitter fades away
they'll get theirs eventually
and i hope i'm there..."

Not very nice, I know, but, there are other lyrics in the song that were more applicable which i don't want to get into here. i don't want anyone to "get theirs" or anything it's just a stupid song...stay with me.... now bear in mind that i've heard this a ton of times and know it by heart, but know what i heard?

"when all is gone
and the bitter fades away...
I hope I'm there..."

when all of this drama is gone and i'm done being hurt, sad, guilty, bitter, whatever, I hope I'm still there. I hope something remains of me...

...even more importantly still, i hope something good remains in and of those who may have been hurt by me along the way...

that's all i've got.

No comments: